Adam Smale, Professor, Vice Programme Manager
"Managing Human and Knowledge Resources on a Global Scale"
- British by nationality, has lived in Finland for around 10 years
- Professor in the Department of Management
Doctor of Science in Economics and Business Administration (Human Resource Management in Multinational Corporations) / University of Vaasa (Finland)
- Master's Degree in Personnel Management / Kingston University (UK)
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Management & German / University of Bath (UK)
The courses taught by Prof. Smale are International Management, International Strategic Management and International Human Resource Management. He also meets IB students in his capacity as personal tutor and thesis supervisor.
"We prepare students for careers in multinational firms, whether this is work in international positions, different kinds of international assignments, or involvement in international projects and teams. In addition, the programme offers a good foundation for working in internationally-oriented governmental organisations or in research- and teaching-related positions."
- 2012 and 2008 “Best International Teacher” (the Student Union of the University of Vaasa)
- 2005 “Lecturer of the Year” (the Faculty of Business Studies and Warrantti ry)
- How multinational firms manage their human and knowledge resources on a global scale and the types of challenges they face
Prof. Smale has published several award-winning articles in well-known international journals in recent years.