Jussi Kantola, Programme Manager
"Teaching Students to Collaborate in Global Setting"
- Head of the Department of Production
- Doctor of Technology / Tampere University of Technology (Finland) 2006
- PhD / University of Louisville (USA) 1998
- Master’s Degree in Production Engineering / Tampere University of Technology (Finland) 1996
- Extensive international academic experience and work experience in the private sector
- Research and teaching positions at the University of Turku, Tampere University of Technology, University of Girona (Spain), University of Louisville (USA), and KAIST - the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea)
The department is in close cooperation with global companies. Students have the chance to carry out internships within companies, and many of the students also write their theses for a company.
"Being able to work together and collaborate is becoming more and more important within organisations, especially when working with people from various countries. This need is addressed in the International Master's programme by offering lots of workshops in many courses."
Students will meet Professor Kantola on courses in Product and Service Design in Practice and New Knowledge Creation and Organizational Learning in Product Development courses.
- New product and service development
- Human factor
- Organisational resource management
- Fuzzy logic and applications
- Ontology engineering
- Knowledge management